So, there you are with an excellent PSD design on your hands. Problem is, you need it converted into a Zen Cart Custom Design theme / template so you can conjure up a great website. The next step is to hire an experienced Zen Cart developer to get you on your way.
However, there are some very important things to bear in mind when you are working with your Zen Cart Developer to ensure a smooth work project. Going over these important points with your developer will help in assuring that you get the best Custom Zen Cart Design possible.
- State your requirements clearly right from the start. You should always list each and every aspect of the undertaking to your developer, and never assume that they will automatically know what your goals are from just looking at the design in PSD extension mode. There are countless questions or issues that can show both before and during completion of the project, so … discuss everything. By doing this, you can help avoid problems with your Zen Cart Design project down the road.
- During construction of the website, and especially after completion, check the site on all internet browsers to make sure it displays correctly. If it does not then it is the developer's job to correct it so that it will. The major browsers to check it on will be Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari. And, do not just check the cover or home page, but all pages on your site to make sure they show up correctly.
- Then, after this has been done and everything is satisfactory, have the developer check the functionality of the entire website as well. This is to ensure that there are not problems such as broken links and so on.
- Give your programmer / developer reasonable deadlines to work within. Most programmers, at least the good ones, will usually work pretty hard to meet the deadlines laid down by their clients. In doing so, allow for unforeseen circumstances that can rise along the way. Make sure there is a little flexibility in the deadline. Because even your developer will in all likelihood try to finish pretty fast, you do not want them rushed to the point where they start making mistakes.
- And last, but certainly not least; Communication between you and your programmer is vital. Always strive to work collaboratively with your Custom Zen Cart designer. This can help ensure a smooth income, and possibly open the door to an ongoing working relationship with them.
Make sure the entire above mentioned are discussed when working with your programmer / developer, and you should come out with a Zen Cart Design you could both be proud of.